Saving a Girl from being Molest / Rape in New Delhi


It was humid evening in the month of August in Delhi. In evening around 8pm on Sunday me and my wife was going back to Gurugram in our car, after leaving our two and half years old son to my parents’ home in Mehrauli.

As I was about to hit the main road at Aruna Asaf Ali Marg from Kishangarh, I saw a girl of around 23 years of age was trying to get resisted from a man in his late 20’s. I roll down my window and hear the girl saying “Yeh kya maak hai” and she was moving back from that person. It didn’t took me long that the person was teasing that girl. Angrily I said that person “what are you doing?

He turned towards me and said no nothing “I am just trying to talk her”. Suddenly that girl said that “this person is stopping me and not allowing me to go home”. I got more angry and by staring him I said “leave that girl and don’t harass her else you will land in Jail”. The person was not listening and trying to hold the girl. He was drunk too much that he was not even realizing that what he is doing. I said that girl to come inside our car.

I was so surprised to see that all this thing was happening on the road. She was shouting and people were just watching and no one even bothered to help her. I thought how people are these days heartless.

Well when she was inside our car we started talking to her. She said that she stays in Fathepur beri and works here in a security provider company. The person who was harassing her is Neeraj and she was supposed to get married to him, but because of his drinking problem the father of the girl refused to marry her daughter to him.

Further she said that he was working with her is same company but when he started harassing her in office, company’s MD had fired Neeraj from the job. And now as he can’t enter the office premises, so waits outside the office near the Kishangarh/Harpreet Ford bus stop regularly.

She was continue telling her story that today as she was standing at the bus stop, he forcefully telling her to come with me to my room I need to talk with you. She said I was shouting and screaming, everyone was watching but no one was coming to help and that time you both came and helped me out. Further she said that almost every week he waits there and try to talk to her. Even the girl’s father had complaint Neeraj’s behavior to his parents, but they said that he doesn’t listen to them as well. 

While on car itself she called her father and narrated the story and we also talked to her father and asked to file a complaint against that person, because he may be trying to take revenge on her because of his current situation and who knows maybe in his room there are many other persons who might have some evil intentions.

These days no place is safe, people under drinking influence does many things which they don’t even realize. I am not against drinking but drink in control. Also “respect other people despite their sex and if you see anyone in these kind of situation, please come forward and help them. It’s better to prevent some mis-happening then protesting and showing sympathy later”.

It’s a true incident, I and my wife came forward to save that girl from being molest or maybe getting raped come on Delhi, show some courage and fight back.

Comments

Popular Posts